Courses in English
The Department of History offers courses and programmes at all educational levels, from courses at basic level to a Master's programme at the advanced level and also at postgraduate level. The Department of History is responsible for the graduate school in history, which is a collaboration between the Department of History in Lund, the University of Gothenburg, Malmö University, Linnaeus University and Södertörn University.
Most of our education is in Swedish. The Bachelor's programme, Master's programme, and our Doctoral studies are all conducted in Swedish. Even if the Department of History does not offer a English taught Bachelor's programme, we have a few courses where English is the means of instruction - students are welcome to apply for such free-standing courses or they can study via a student exchange programme.
Student Exchange Agreement
The Faculties of Humanities and Theology have established Exchange Agreements with over 60 universities in and outside Europe. Each partner university can nominate students to study in Lund during a period ranging from three to twelve months.
Find out whether your home university has a Student Exchange Agreement with the Faculties of Humanities and Theology.
Our courses in English
The Department of History offers three Special Area Studies (SAS-courses) at basic level in English.
These courses are all on Bachelor's level, and are worth 7.5 ECTS credits.
Our history courses in English are open for students for application outside an exchange program.
All non-exchange students wishing to study must apply online, using the national University Admissions in Sweden website. You can create your account ("Log in") and submit your upper secondary documents on the English website universityadmissions.se. Apply in the Swedish version, antagning.se, during the application periods: March-April for autumn semesters and September-October for spring semesters. We may accept late applications to our courses. The late application opens in July / December.
- Find the course you would like to study on our list of courses Courses by semester, or type the application number "LU-XXXXX" in the white field called "Utbildning" ("Education") at www.antagningen.se, and press "Sök utbildningar" ("Find education") to find the right course.
- Click on the button "Lägg till" ("Add course").
- Log in to your account, and click on the green button "Påbörja anmälan" ("Start application").
- Click on the blue square "Fortsätt" ("Continue") and press "Skicka" ("Send"). If everything is correct, you'll recieve an e-mail confirming your application.
- After the first admission round, you will be notified when the results are published. Log on to your account on www.antagning.se to accept your place before the last day to reply.
- Wait for the department to send you a welcoming letter with more information.
(If you are admitted but want to decline, contact the department, or decline it at www.antagning.se. (Log in and click on the blue button ”Antagen. Jag vill inte läsa denna utbildning” (Admitted. I do not want my place on this education, and confirm your withdrawal.)
Please note: You might want to inform yourself on the application process on the English site universityadmissions.se, but our courses are not available in the international application round so the dates on the English site are not applicable.
Contact the Lund University's local Admissions Office for help with your application.
Student information for current students at the Department of History: