I am a professor of modern history with research interests in cultural history as well as in social and political and not at least in gender history. Before I came to Lund university in March 2012, I worked at the universities of Stockholm, Hamburg and Bielefeld.
I received most of my academic training in Germany. My dissertation (Bielefeld university, 1999) was a comparison of Swedish and West German parental politics, 1945 to 2000. In recent years, I did research on tourism history and on European commemoration cultures. I am currently writing a book on German seaside resorts in late 19th and early 20th century. Furthermore, I work on a research project about battlefield tourism since WW II.
I am teaching both in undergratuate and postgraduate studies, particularly on modern history and on theory and method.
Other tasks and qualifications
Member of the scientific board of the National Graduate School in Historical Studies
Member of the Department of History´s equality-diversity group
- International editorial board member of
- Editorial board member of WerkstattGeschichte
- Peer reviewer for:
- Historisk Tidskrift
- Social Politics. International Studies in
Gender, State and Society
- Journal of Contemporary History
Scientific networks and research groups
- Founder and leader of the Nordic Network for Tourism History
- Öresund gender history network
- Association of German spa museums
- Swedish History Association
- German History Association
- German Womens' and Gender History Association
- Vetenskapssocieteten i Lund